We had friends over for dinner last week, to pick their brains about our summer vacation plans. The Swedes arrived on foot; the Danes on bike. Exactly what we expected!
Since spring is definitely here, I was able to take advantage of all the great produce available, and the menu came together quickly.
Menu for a Spring Dinner
- Selection of local cheeses
- Marcona almonds, Happy Girl Kitchen Pickled Beets, olives
- Marinated Hanger Steak - just used the marinade, grilled on the BBQ
- Dijon-marinated chicken
- Farro salad with sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts
- Grilled asparagus
- Salad with lettuce, shungiku, mustard, fennel, avocado and orange, with a blood orange vinaigrette (photo above)
- Assortment of Mayfield breads
- Strawberry shortcakes - I made these much smaller than recommended, yield was about 16 biscuits
A couple bottles of wine and we were good to go!