<place holder for photo that will come Real Soon Now!>
Another paleo-friendly recipe that is too good not to share! I have been making the standard Primal Hot Cereal originally from Mark Sisson, with my own little twists including pumpkin puree and dates. Today I experimented again and was richly rewarded! I present:
Chocolate Paleo Oatmeal
Quick in the blender, serve hot or cold
- 1/2 cup almonds (with or without skins)
- 1/2 cup pecans (broken or whole)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (I use the light coconut milk from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 whole banana, very ripe
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBS cocoa powder (I use Penzey’s Natural Whole Fat Cocoa)
- Add all ingredients to your Vitamix or blender and process until the consistency you like. If you leave the nut pieces bigger, it will have a mouthfeel like lumpy oatmeal. If you process a little longer, the consistency will resemble a wheat-based hot cereal.
I like this cereal straight from the blender, but on cold mornings, it also works to pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it up. Some folks might like a little extra coconut milk on top, or maybe raisins. I have also been known to double the recipe and save half in the fridge for the next day.
Instead of cocoa, add 1/4 cup pumpkin puree and 4-5 dates, pits removed. Blend as recommended.
Copyright © 2013 Good Fud Media.
Recipe by Gudrun Enger.
Microformatting by hRecipe.