When I quit my regular 9-5 job outside of the home a couple years ago, I did so because at the time, life felt short. My great aunt was 93 and moving into a retirement home. My Dad was getting older. And my kids were growing so quickly I could hardly keep up.
Fast forward 4 years and we are all still here safe and sound. And my life is so much richer for choosing to optimize for my family. I am grateful I have the opportunity to make this choice.
And then I hear about friends I know, like Jennie Perillo, who was living her life the way she wanted and then her husband Mikey died. And she voiced regrets about not finding the time to make his favorite pie.
I am going to make Jennie’e Creamy Peanut Butter Pie, and I am going to make DeLuxe Chocolate Pie, a pie I talk about making all the time for my family and I never get around too. This is a pie that everyone will love, even the child who only eats pumpkin and the husband who does not love cooked fruit. This is the pie for them.
DeLuxe Chocolate Pie
- 1-6 ounce package semi sweet chocolate
- 3 TBS milk
- 2 TBS sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 9″ graham cracker pie shell
- Mix and blend together chocolate, milk and sugar over hot water water bath and cool.
- Add one at a time and beat well after each addition 4 egg yolks. Add vanilla.
- Beat egg whites stiff and fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into graham cracker shell.
- Chill and serve with whip cream.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Copyright © 2011 Good Fud Media.
Recipe by Gudrun Enger.
Microformatting by hRecipe.