Today, is of course, Valentine’s Day, and regardless of what you personally think about all the Hallmark frivolity, it does provide a darn good way to cook your special someone (or ones) a fantastic dinner.
Since I am cooking for our family, the dinner I plan needs to be kid-friendly. I have thought about letting the kids make dinner for us, but I am pretty sure we would end up with chili and cornbread. Not that there is anything wrong with chili and cornbread. Especially for Superbowl Sunday. Just not Valentine’s Day.
Let’s see what kind of menu we can come up with:
Chocolate lovers Valentine’s Menu (yes, this menu has chili, I thought the kids would be happy!)
You might be wondering, why does Gudrun get to have all the fun creating menus? Well, good news! Today you can join in the fun. And if you Tweet or Facebook your menu, Foodily might chose your menu to be featured on their home page! Here are the details:
1. Go to Foodily.com and login with Facebook Connect (or create a login).
2. Play around with recipes and find your favorites to create a perfectly delish Valentine’s Day meal!
3. Once you’ve selected a recipe save it to a menu:
- From the recipe, select the “save” button, save it as an appetizer, main, etc., and then it’ll ask you to name your menu. Create your special Valentine’s menu title.
- Continue adding recipes and saving to that menu
4. View your menu (either from tab at top or from your profile) and grab the URL (you can also share your menu on Facebook and grab the URL there). Note: the URL will look similar to this: http://foodily.com/m/1234
5.Tweet the following and be sure to include the #foodilyvdaymenu hashtag at the end:
Check out my @foodily Valentine’s Day menu! Create one of your own! http//(your menu URL here) #foodilyvdaymenu
6. Foodily will be watching and selecting menu winners daily to be featured on the Foodily site!
Note: You can also enter by sharing your menu on Foodily’s Facebook wall.
As a reminder, I am a Brand Ambassador for Foodily and I receive compensation for writing about this new site. But frankly, even if I wasn’t, I would still write about it. Lots of fun making menus and sharing them.