With Thanksgiving only days away, and my in-laws arriving on Tuesday, plus a boat-load of cooking planned between now and then, I am operating on the KISS principal for dinners this week – Keep It Simple, Stupid. One of the dinners I had planned last week did not get made, since we had tons of leftovers, so I will incorporate that into this week. And the soup dinner for Tuesday is quick to put together, especially when I use cooked beans from the freezer.
Our Two Small Farms CSA box contained Beets, Leeks, Chard, Turnips (which I traded for more Beets), Butternut Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Red Butter Lettuce and Green Pippin Apples. Most of these things will hold well over the next few weeks, but I will plan to use the greens quickly, before they get ugly.
Here is my Menu Plan for Monday, November 23 (along with my T-Day to-do list):
Monday: Baked Acorn Squash, grilled chicken, bulgar and orzo pilaf, salad with Fuyu persimmons and watermelon radishes
- Order Crab (7 crabs, cracked and cleaned, from Cook’s Seafood)
- Purchase Salmon, pickle and refrigerate
- Bake Date Pecan Pumpkin Squares for Wednesday night crab feed
- Get house ready for guests
Wednesday: Crab Feed in Santa Cruz
- Pickup Crab
- Bake auction pie (Pecan Pie)
- Bake 2 pumpkin, 1 pecan, 1 apple/pomegranate tart, and 1 batch mince tarts
- Prep cabbage
- Prep cocktail (Citrus Sparkler from Everyday Cooking)
What is on your menu plan this week? Are you making Thanksgiving dinner? What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Check out Org Junkie for more ideas on menu plans this week!