Last weekend, I posted about the pear-almond upside down cake, which was a great recipe and well received. But I did not tell you the whole story.
We have been subscribing to Frog Hollow Farms CSA since the beginning of September. Each week, we receive a bountiful box of fresh, perfectly ripe organic fruit. What a joy!
The last few weeks, we have been into pear season, and each week our box has 7-10 Warren or Golden Russet Bosc Pears. Now, pears are not my go-to fruit for lunch boxes, since they bruise easily and turn brown. So, I have been trying to find ways to use them at home. Erin sent me email on Friday, asking for help, and I thought a list of links to recipes using Pears would be helpful to all. Using Food Blog Search, this is what I came up with, divided into Savory and Sweet.
- Simple Recipes Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon and Pear
- Simply Recipes Curried Squash and Pear Soup
- Cooking with Amy Pear Pecorino Potato Soup
- Elana’s Pantry Pear Parsley Salad Dressing
- Inn Cuisine Pear, Gorgonzola and Walnut Salad
- Simply Recipes Pear Butter
- David Lebovitz French Pear and Almond Tart
- Gluten-Free Goddess Gluten-Free Apple Pear Crisp
- The Perfect Pantry Cranberry Pear Chutney
- Tartelette Pomegranate and Caramelized Pear Panna Cottas
Any of these recipes would be great for my family, and you will probably see them over the next few weeks on my Menu Plan Monday posts. But if you are looking for something else, check out Food Blog Search for loads more suggestions.